Main Period: Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 2, 5, 16, & 18
Earle Avenue is almost exclusively the domain of the Australian Californian Bungalow. When it was subdivided (along with Page Avenue) in 1923 it was for ‘choice bungalow sites’ with a 'Building Covenant to Protect Buyers'. The feel of the street is that of the Californian Bungalow and while many of the houses have been ‘renovated’ some have still retained their original leadlight.
No 1 has retained a three panel casement with bevelled squares and ovals, the pattern repeated in the small window on the north side, but the double door entrance to the verandah with leadlight in the centreof the woodwork and the sidelights are really representative of the mid 20’s period with geometric shapes, bevelled ovals and diamonds and an absence of colour.