top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 8, 12, 15, 19, 20 21, 24
Allibone Street was subdivided in 1913. It is very close to Ashfield. Most of the existing leadlight is post-Federation. Some of it is just beautiful in its simplicity and elegance. Most of it has an 'ovalate' design that is sinuous and fluid showing the influence of Art Nouveau.
Allibone Street is spelt two different ways. It has 1 'l' at the Ashfield end and 2 'l's' at the South end. The Queens Grove Estate had a building covenant of £300.
No 4 is an early modified Californian Bungalow with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the left and in a four panel casement window on the verandah. The leadlight is a lovely soft design set in rectangles with the centre panels made up of just the rectangles. Lovely!
bottom of page