Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 5, 7 & 10
Lots on the western side of Starkey Street were part of the 1st Subdivision of the Jeffrey's Estate in 1901 and unfortunately no leadlight from this subdivision was visible from the street in any of these house, many of which have been renovated/demolished and rebuilt. The houses that have retained some of their leadlight are on the eastern side of the street and these appear to be early Californian Bungalows built after the end of World War 1. There are a couple of examples of modern lead light in a few of the houses in the street but these were not recorded.
The houses on the western side of Starkey Street were auctioned in 1901 as part of the Jeffrey's Estate 1st Subdivision.
No 1 is a Californian Bungalow (c.1922) with leadlight in two three panel casement windows and in a small window. The design has a large bevelled square framed in blue and set inside a large circle with small res squares in the corners. It has a very Art Deco feel about it.