Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 79, 101 & 103
Hardy Street Ashbury consists of the western side of the street at the southern end Hardy street. Why? It seems like an add-on to Ashbury or an excision from Hurlstone Park or Ashfield. Most of the houses are from the Federation period interspersed with a few Interwar Bungalows. It has been difficult to locate subdivision plans for the southern end of Hardy Street but most of the houses appear to be from the Federation Period prior to WW1.
Hardy Street has been subdivided many times between the 1890's and the 1920' s. Wattle Street is now Griffiths Street.
No 49 is a late Federation house with leadlight in a small window. It is the last remnant of leadlight in this house.