Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 3 & 6
Minto Avenue is another street that was part of the land owned by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Company. Some of the lots were sold prior to the main auction in 1912. The leadlight that remains in Minto Avenue is from the era of the Californian Bungalow. Some of these have some wonderful examples of leadlight styles in Californian Bungalows.
No 1 is a Californian Bungalow with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the right, a three panel casement window on the front veranda and another three panel casement window on the side verandah. There is leadlight in the fanlight above the front door and above the verandah door. The three windows all feature the same ‘ovalate’ design with a wide border of pastel yellow and vivid flowers that looks magnificent from the street.