Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s No’s 42, 38, 36, 36A & 30
Lots on the eastern side of Wattle Street between Ramsay Street and Parramatta Road were first put up for auction as part of the 2nd Dobroyd Estate in 1885. Those not sold were put up for auction in 1908 with the area being described as ‘Haberfield Heights’. Lots on the western side were put up for auction as part of the Northcote Estate in 1905. Unfortunately poor old Wattle Street has suffered under the march of progress with many houses being demolished in 2016 & 2017 to make way for the M4 East extensions.
No 42 is a much modified Federation house but it still has leadlight in the front door panel, sidelight & top and fanlight that looks original. (Check Image)