Main Period: Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 4 & 17
Subdivision Plans for Osgood Avenue have not been located but the area is shown the Moffatt Estate Marrickville subdivision of 1884. At this time some of the farmland on the north side of Ewart Street (then shown as Terrace Road) between Wardell Road and Beauchamp Street was owned by the Rev C.F. Macarthur with Berry’s Garden and Starkey Terrace Garden. Most of the houses in the street appear to have been built in the Mid Federation-years.
No 4 is a very symmetrical Federation house (c.1910) with leadlight in a wonderful entrance ensemble and also in the three panel casement on either side of the front door. The entrance has leadlight in the front door panel, sidelights & Tops and in the arched fanlight. The leadlight, the joinery and the masonry are superb. It is more than likely would have originally had all three panels with leadlight rather than just the central panel.