Main Period: Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No 67
Hay Street was named after John Hay Goodlet of the Goodlet Estate. Lots in the northern end of Hay Street were auctioned as part of the first and second subdivisions of the Goodlet Estate in 1919 and 1920 respectively. This area is now part of Croydon Park. The southern end of Hay Street was auctioned off as part of the 7th and 8th subdivisions of the Goodlet estate in May and November 1925 right in the middle of the 1920’s and just about the peak building time for Californian Bungalows. Unfortunately only one house in Goodlet Street has retained its leadlight.
No 67 is a Californian Bungalow with leadlight in two two panel casement windows on either side of the front door, the full length of the front door and in two small windows. The main elements of the design are clusters of four bevelled glass squares that form a square nested inside a petal like arrangement. It is very elegant Art Deco.