Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at
Watkin Street was originally known as George Street.
Watkin Street was shown as ‘George Street’ when it was first subdivided n 1911. When the name was changed is not clear.
No 2 is an Interwar block of units on the corner of Canterbury Road that has leadlight in a two panel double hung window on the ground floor and in another two panel double hung window on the first floor. The design is a variation of a radiant pattern. . It is very Art Deco and the colour is very subtle but lovely.