Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at Nos 3, 29, 31, 37, 86, & 88
Orpington Street, like Ormond Street was part of the subdivision of the Underwood Estate in 1879. A small subdivision of Orpington Street near the junction with Elizabeth Street occurred in 1903 and some of the Federation homes from this period still survive. It runs from Elizabeth Street past Ashfield Park and Bowling Club to through to Parramatta Road and for most of its length it is tree lined. Many of the original houses built in the Victorian period have been demolished to make way for units.
No 3 is a Federation house and has a three panel and a four panel casement window in which the leadlight is in the form of tessellating rectangles.