Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 14, 15, 16, 17, 24, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 49, 50, 54, 56, 60, 62, 64 & 66
Building lots in Fourth Street were first auctioned in September 1916, right in the middle of World War 1. It was the second part of the Wattle Hill Estate which at the time was regarded as being part of Hurlstone Park. There are a mixture of late Federation houses and Californian Bungalows in Fourth Street. The leadlight that remains, like that in Fifth Street, is quite an eclectic collection ranging from late Federation style with the residual influence of Art Nouveau through to the Art Deco of the mid 1920’s.