Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No's 5 & 8
Barton Avenue was subdivided in 1914 as part of the Hurlstone Park No2 Estate. It is a relatively short tree lined street with some excellently preserved and maintained Mid-Federation era houses. Regrettably only two appear to have retained their leadlight.
Barton Street may have been named after Australia's first Prime Minister or after one of the real estate agents .
No 5 is a Federation house (c.1914) with leadlight in the fan light above the front door and in the front door panel but it is obscured by the front door.