Marrickville

North Street

Main Period: Victorian

Leadlight apparent at No’s 41 & 31.

North Street.jpg
North Street Looking West, August 2020

Lots at the western end of North Street were auctioned in 1891 as part of Mrs Jones’ Subdivision ‘Norwood Hill’ Petersham and sometime after 1891, and before 1900, the street that it ran into, Jones Street, was renamed Bright Street. Lots on the southern side of North Street were auctioned in 1900 when the area was described as ‘Stanmore’. The remaining lots on the Northern side of North Street were auctioned as part of the Wellington Estate in 1903. North Street has a mixture of housing dating from the 1890s through to the early Federation period. There are one or two California bungalows but very little leadlight remains because there was very little in the first place.

1891 Portion of Mrs Jones' subdivision,
1903 Wellington Estate, Stanmore, Adjoin
North Street 1891
North Street 1900
1900 Choice Building Sites, Stanmore - B
North Street 1900
1909 Wellington Estate, Stanmore, Adjoin
North Street 1908

North Street

No 31 is a modified Federation probably built in 1904 with leadlight in the sidelights, front door panels and in the fanlight. The leadlight a later addition.

No 31 North Street Front Door Panels and