top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 2, 4, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23, 29, 41, 50 & 77
Acton Street was created in the 6th Subdivision of the Jeffrey’s Estate in 1912 and many of the houses reflect this pre-WWW1 period of Federation design. There is quite a variety of housing in Acton Street with some of the houses having been demolished and rebuilt while others have been significantly modified. There are still some lovely weatherboard cottages and small Federation houses. While they are often difficult to see there are quite a few Federation Bull’s Eyes still in existence and this is consistent with houses built just prior to WW1.
Acton Street was created in 1912 and most of the houses appear to have been built not long after the subdivision went up for auction.
No 2 is a Federation house (c. 1914) with leadlight in a bull’s eye near the front door.
bottom of page