Main Period: Federation -
Leadlight apparent at
Junction Road is one of the older roads in Summer Hill and appears on some of the earliest maps from the 1870's. Today there are many well preserved homes from the 1880's Victorian era, Federation houses and interwar flats that have retained their original leadlight.
Trafalgar Square involved 10 lots in Junction Road c. 1883. Crane Street became Henson Street
In 1886 the Centennial Estate Auctioned 11 lots in Junction Road next to the public school.
No 4 is a Federation house that may have been built as a semi-detached dwelling. It has leadlight light in a three panel casement window on the left that has a diaper pattern. It appears to be in excellent condition and may be new. The glass seems to be too perfect. There is also leadlight in the front door panel, sidelight & top and in the fanlight. This is very consistent with the early Federation style of about 1908 and shows the influence of Art Nouveau. There’s also leadlight in a bull’s-eye on the verandah but it’s very difficult to photograph.