Main Period: Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 16 & 20
One of the most significant features in Clissold Street is the Cardinal Freeman Village at the Victoria Street end and Ashfield Baptist Homes Village at the Holden Street end. The construction of units and the retirement/nursing homes means that leadlight can only be seen in two houses at No 16 and No 20 and both of these homes appear to have been built after the 1911 Farleigh Estate subdivision.
No 1 is a late Californian Bungalos (c.1928) with leadlight in the verandah door panels.
Photograph taken at night courtesy of Clare Herscovitch.