A grand Victorian mansion
Cary Street towards Carrington Road.
Main Period: Victorian - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 32, 43, 48, 52, 69, 70, 71, 73, 87 & 89
Cary Street was created when the Warren Estate was broken up after Thomas Holt, who built the estate, returned to England in 1883. The subdivision shown for ‘The Warren’ is dated c.1892 by the Stale Library of NSW but it is more likely to have taken place in the mid 1880’s. This early date is why there is a mixture of housing in Cary Street dating from the Victorian 1880’s, quite a few Federation houses and a few scattered bungalows.
The Warren subdivision of the 1880's
Late Victorian semi-detached houses.
Number 32 is a late Victorian house with leadlight in the front door panels and fanlight that is a recent addition.