Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 2, 5, 9, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 34, 39, 47, 49, 51, 55, 59, 61, 63, 64, 64, 66 & 68
Building lots in Third Street (together with Fourth and Fifth Streets) were first auctioned in September 1916, right in the middle of World War 1. It was the second part of the Wattle Hill Estate which at the time was regarded as being part of Hurlstone Park. There are a mixture of late Federation houses and Californian Bungalows in Third Street. There is a whole row of houses built in about 1920 (no’s 5-21) that appear to have been built by the same builder at the same time that look almost identical. The leadlight that remains, like that in Fifth Street, is quite an eclectic collection ranging from late Federation style with the residual influence of Art Nouveau through to the Art Deco of the mid 1920’s.