Main Period: Federation - Interwar
The Warren Estate 1884
The Warren Soldier Settlement 1919
Leadlight apparent at No’s 10 & 16.
Mansion Street was created after The Warren was subdivided in 1884. Lots on the western side of Mansion Street were sold as part of that subdivision. The Warren Estate subdivision shown shows the ‘Warren Mansion & Grounds’ as the eastern side of the street. The house itself was purchased by the New South Wales State Government in 1919 and subsequently demolished and an estate, ‘The Warren’ was created for returned soldiers from WW1 and this is shown in the 1919 sketch plan.
No 10 is an early Californian bungalow (c.1920) with leadlight in a four panel double hung angled bay window This leadlight is highly unusual in such a modest house built for returned servicemen after ‘The Warren' mansion was demolished in 1919.