Main Period: Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 24 & 26
Centennial Street crosses Sydenham Road. The northern end of the street runs through to Henson Oval which was a brick pit till the 1920’s. The southern end of Centennial Street was subdivided as part of the Lloyds Estate in 1900. Many of the original dwellings were on very small lots.
1900 LLoyds Estate
Centennial Street is shown in this 1923 Municipal Map of the Brick Pits that have become Henson Park.
No 24 is a Californian bungalow (c.1924) with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the verandah, in another three panel casement on the left and in the fanlight above the front door. The design looks far too modern. It has some elements from the period but the type of glass and the colours indicate that it may be a later addition.