Main Period: Victorian - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 2 & 4
Lapish Avenue is a small street with Interwar houses and units on one side and small business and modern terraces/townhouses on the other.
Only two samples of leadlight exist.
The Interwar flats at the top end of the street actually have a Liverpool Road address but have a wonderful Art Deco panel in the first floor stairwell set in textured brickwork that faces Lapish Avenue..
No 4 is one of a group of built during semi-detached houses built in World War II (1940) as speculative housing. The radiant design at No 4 in the three panel double hung angle bay uses convex shapes in combination with heavily textured glass and an absence of colour that also reflects the Art Deco aesthetic.
While the houses are mentioned in The 2001 Ashfield Heritage Study Review of Areas Zoned 2(a) the leadlight is not recorded.