Main Period: Interwar - Post War
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1A & 12
Subdivision Plans for Wicks Avenue have not been located but the area is shown the Moffatt Estate Marrickville subdivision of 1884. At this time some of the farmland on the north side of Ewart Street (then shown as Terrace Road) between Wardell Road and Beauchamp Street was owned by the Rev C.F. Macarthur with Berry’s Garden and Starkey Terrace Garden.
Number 1A is an unusual post World War II house with leadlight in three panelled double hung angled bay window on the right and another on the left. The leadlight is very heavily leaded.