top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 3, 5, 8, & 10
The two storey terraces at No’s 24 & 26 suggest that some houses were built in the 1880’s. The majority of the houses appear to have been built in the Federation Period with one or two Interwar bungalows. As recently as 1990 there was a large nursery at No 33-41 but this has been subdivided into a large number of townhouses.
There are some beautiful examples of Federation Period (1900-1916) leadlight in Hanks Street. The leadlight windows at No’s 1, 3 & 5 and display a range of design elements used in leadlight at the time of World War 1.
The two panel casements at No 1 have bevelled glass centres and geometric shapes and a limited colour palette of pastel orange, green and yellow.
bottom of page