HABERFIELD 

Dudley Street

Main Period: Federation - Interwar

Leadlight apparent at No’s 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51, 55 & 56

Lots in Dudley Street were first auctioned as part of the 1st Dobroyd Point Estate in 1909. The estate was owned by the Haymarket Permanent Land and Building Investment Company which owned and developed most of the land north of Waratah Street in Haberfield. The extent of their holdings is shown on the 1914 map of the Dobroyd Estate Haberfield. Most of the houses were constructed from the Mid-Federation years, with a bit of a hiatus during World War 1, to the early and mid-1920’s. This is why there are a number of beautiful Federation houses and Californian Bungalows in the same street.

The first lots in Dudley Street were Auctioned in 1909 and then in 1910.

The whole Dobroyd Estate as shown in this 1914 map.

Dudley Street

No 1 is a modified Mid-Federation house with leadlight in front door panels and in the fanlight.

© 2019 Colin Webb