Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 11A, 24A, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38, 40, 50, 54, 56, & 58
Lucy Street is part of the Lucy Street Heritage Conservation Area. The land in this vicinity was part of the Ashfield Park Estate, which incorporated a grant made in 1810 to Augustus Alt. Lucy Street is an area developed following a series of subdivisions dating from the Alexandra Crescents Subdivision of 1877 (see plan on the right) , followed by further subdivisions in 1878, 1880 and later. The area contains development from a long period dating from the late Victorian period and extending into the inter-war period, reflecting this varied development history. It is a great walk through for leadlight!
No 3 is an Interwar Bungalow that has a three panel casement window with bevelled glass squares in geometric shapes where coloured glass is absent. Very effective.