Main Period: Victorian – Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 7&5
Subdivisions in Seaview Street commenced as early as 1881 but most building took place a lot later. It is a street where the most significant features are the sandstone fence of the Cardinal Freeman Village (and the mansion on the corner) and Trinity Prep School. It is a street of bungalows and back fences. Interestingly the Church of England Property Trust sold off quite a few blocks between Victoria Street and Prospect Road in 1928 only to buy them back many years later and demolish the houses.
No 7 is a Californian Bungalow (c.1920) with leadlight in a three panel casement window, the front door panel and sidelights. The casement windows have a largely geometric design with bevelled glass in the outside panels. The central panel has a large circular element at the centre of which is a cluster of bevelled glass pieces. This is offset with small pink opaque squares and heavily ribbed glass in the bar that passes through all three panels. The front entrance set of door panel and two sidelights repeats the design of the casement windows and is very effective.