A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Victorian Federation and Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 1A, 3, 7, 14, 17
This 1887 sketch shows Fletche Parkand also the huge estate of Shrublands
Fletcher Street was created as part of the 1887 subdivision of Fletcher Park. The sketch shows ‘Shrublands’ a large mansion and gardens It was subdivided in 1918 as part of the Shrublands House Estate. There are a number of fine houses surviving from the 1880’s and post World War 1 Period. It appears that a large part of the Shrublands Estate was bought by the Catholic Church because the land is now occupied by St Bridgid's Catholic Primary School and Casimir Catholic College
Fletcher Park went up for auction in 1877 and this was one of the first subdivisions of the large farming estatesof Marrickville.
The Shrublands House Subdivision of 1918shows that many of the houses on the southern side of Fletcher Street had already been constructed
No 1 is a small Californian bungalow (c.1925) with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the verandah. The design is one that frequently appears in bungalows of this period with a bevelled glass square set in concentric circles . The borders of each panel are heavily textured.