Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 3, 5, 30, 34, 43, 50, 55, 57, 59, 62, 71 & 75
Rawson Street was shown as Yasmar Street when lots were auctioned as part of the Dobroyd Park Estate in 1905 by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Society. The name was changed to Rawson Street in 1913. Most of the houses in Rawson Street were built in the mid to late Federation period and most of the leadlight that remains is in the front entrance with the exception of No 50, No 72 (Waratah) & No 75 that have three panel casement windows. One of the few Californian bungalows in the street has been turned into a semi but it has retained two sets of three panel casement window with a lovely bevelled glass oval combined with ribbons and bows (Nos 75 & 59)
This 1905 Auction of the Dobroyd Park Estate 'Ashfield' by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Company show that many of the lots in Rawson Street (then Yasmar Street) had already been sold.