Main Period: Victorian - Interwar
Garners Avenue, August 2020
Leadlight apparent at No’s 20A, 20 & 58
Garner's Paddock, Oct 1st 1887.
The development of Garners Avenue took place in two stages and this can be seen in the distinct differences between the eastern and western sides of the street. The western side was offered for sale as Garner’s Paddock in 1887. The eastern side was part of McGee’s Subdivision in 1905.
Garner's Paddock, Oct 8th, 1887: one week later.
McGee's Subdivision in 1905 shows that most of the lots on the other side of the street had been sold.
No 22A is an Interwar bungalow (c.1932) with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the verandah. The design is typical of the late Art Deco period using geometric shapes, bevelled glass, textured glass and minimal colour. This window is identical to the one next door.