top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
Ayr Street was part of the Fifth Subdivision of Goodlet's Estate in 1922. It is a relatively short street and a few of the houses have retained many of their original features and their leadlight. A building covenant was placed on the sale but the details are not specified.
Ayr Street is a short street that was subdivided in 1922 but it appears that the houses were built a few year later.
No 4 is a Californian Bungalow probably built in the late 1920’s that has leadlight in a four panel double hung angled bay window. The design has a bevelled glass circle as the focus in the top half of each window surrounded by two concentric circles, one of which has four squares of opaque turquoise glass and the outer circle has four triangular pieces of pink glass. The pattern is entirely geometric with minimal colour and is quite effective.
bottom of page