Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 & 12.
Teakle Street is named after Charles and Rosina Teakle who initially lived in Prospect Road and then on the southern side of Shrt Street between Louisa and Lyndsay Street.. Subdivision plans for Teakle Street have not been located but it seems more than likely that Teakle Street was subdivided after 1886 together with the Kelvin Grove Estate. The names Teakle and Drynan appear on the 1876 Summer Hill Estate on the right. St Patrick's Primary School now occupies a significant part of the street. Most of the leadlight in the street is from the Victorian period.
The name Teakle appears on this 1876 Summer Hill Estate subdivision but not the street.
No 4 is a modified late Victorian/early Federation house (c.1900) with leadlight in the sidelights and possibly the fan light above the front door but it’s not able to be seen from the street. The design has a very Victorian look and feel and the sidelights have a circle of etched/stained glass.