Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 2, 8, 9, 11, 12, 21, 22, 24, 26, 30, 38, 40, 43, 46, 53, 55, 57, 65 & 67.
Lots were sold in MacArthur Parade from around 1900 through to the outbreak of World War 1. As a consequence many of the houses in MacArthur Parade were constructed in the very early Federation years. The design of these houses and their leadlight shows a transition from the Victorian design aesthetics to the Federation years. There are lots of Federation houses on the eastern side of the street and some look great but many have been modified and the leadlight has been removed.
No 1 is a Federation house (c.1910) that has leadlight in the top front door panels and in the fanlight above the door. It has a very Federation look about it and the design in the fanlight is similar to a few others in the street. The house has been divided into a dental and medical practice.