top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Victorian - Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 108, 109, 133, 135, 136, 143, 157, 167, 172, 174, 176, 178, 215A, 218 & 224.
Denison Road appears on the 1874 subdivision of the Lewisham Estate Petersham (No’s 103-177). No’s 211-223 appear under the name of Dulwich Hill Petersham in 1890. In 1892 the blocks between Lewisham Road and Pigott Street (then Cambling Street) on the southern side were part of Lewisham West. Denison Road is one of the oldest streets in Dulwich Hill and the buildings and the leadlight reflect a history that commenced with construction in the late 1870’s through to some of the more recent insults to architecture in the form of 1960’s flats. Quite a lot of original leadlight still exists and it is a lovely street to walk down.
No 108 is a Federation house (c.1906) with leadlight in the front door sidelight & top and in the fanlight.
bottom of page