A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No 31.
Almost all the houses in Brereton Avenue are from the original subdivision of the Brereton Estate in 1910.
This 1910 subdivision shows Brereton Avenue and teh site of the Australian Woolen Mills.
All lots in Brereton Avenue were auctioned as part of Brereton’s Estate in 1910. Almost all of the dwellings are Federation homes constructed before the start of World War 1. The subdivision plan shows the Australian Woolen Mills were located opposite the northern end of Brereton Avenue adjacent to Wilkins Public School. The Mills have long been deomlished. The leadlight that exists is in the only Californian bungalow in the street.
No 31 is a Californian bungalow (c.1920) with leadlight in the front door panel, in a three panel casement window with fanlights on the verandah and in the fanlights of a three panel casement window on the left.