This page is under construction.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 16, 30, 36, 38 & 40
Martin Street was part of the land owned by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Company and was shown as Park Road on two Dobroyd Park Estate Auction notices of 1905. It is reasonable to assume that other lots on Martin Street were developed some time after this date.
No 1 is a Californian Bungalow with leadlight in a small window facing east, a small window facing west, a three panel casement window, the verandah door sidelights and the front door sidelight. The design in the casement window has a beautiful bow in the centre and ribbon linking it to the floral elements in the outer panels. This house has a number of reproduction small windows that are impossible to detect from the street.