Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 15 & 28
Hurlstone Park was still known as Fernhill in 1907 when Canterton Street was subdivided in 1907.
Most of the houses in Canterton Street were originally Federation houses built after the release of the 4th Subdivision of the Jeffrie's Estate in 1907. There are some excellent examples of Federation houses in good condition in the street but many have been modified terribly. Just two houses have retained their leadlight.
No 15 is a lovely Federation house (c.1908) with leadlight in the fan light above the front entrance.