Main Period: Victorian- Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 2, 10, 30A, 43, 44, 52, 77, 79 & 80.
Kensington Road was part of the 1878 subdivision of the Underwood Estate and while many of the original houses in on the north western side have been demolished to make way for home units a significant area of the street retains its distinctly Victorian character and is justifiably included in the C47 North Summer Hill, Summer Hill Heritage Conservation Area. The street has many one and two storey Victorian Filigree detached and semidetached and terrace housing and Victorian Italianate style one and two storey houses and some weatherboard cottages, Federation and Inter-war period single storey detached houses, but, not a great deal of leadlight given that it was not fashionable in the 1880’s. The street is almost certainly named after Kensington in London.