top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 5, 7, 15, 16, 17, 19, 23, 26, 33, 36, 42, 44, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49, 51 & 56
Northcote Street was subdivided and auctioned as part of the Northcote Estate in 1905. Most of the houses were constructed in the Mid-Federation to Late-Federation years and it is interesting to watch the transition in leadlight over these years. Initially the leadlight was concentrated around the front entrance and then spread to three panel casement windows. The bull’s eye was common up till Mid-Federation but disappears towards the 1920’s.
No 5 is a Federation house (1919) with leadlight in the sidelight, top and fanlight. It is very visible with a floral design and white opaque glass in some of the flowers. There is leadlight in the front door panel but it is obscured by the security screen.
bottom of page