top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 19, 36, 38, 44, 54, 55
Semi-detached houses in Frampton Avenue, August 2020.
Lots in Frampton Avenue were offered for sale as part of McGee’s Subdivision in 1905. It is amazing to think that the blocks in this subdivision were 20 feet wide and 154 feet deep (6.1metres x 47 metres). This was clearly a subdivision to provide houses for workers. As a result, there are some lovely early small Federation cottages and semi-detached cottages in the street. As a general rule, these workers houses did not have leadlight, though there are some surviving remnants.
Frampton Avenue was created in McGee's Subdivision of 1905
No 19 is a semi-detached house (1905) with leadlight in the top front door panels and in the fanlight. The leadlight in the fanlight appears to be original.
bottom of page