Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No 11
Lots in Tennyson Street were auctioned in 1907 as part of the Gladstone Hall Estate. The northern side of Tennyson Street is slightly higher than the southern side and was almost certainly the bank of the Cooks River. The southern side of the street has quite a few weatherboard cottages from the Federation period. It was very rare for weatherboard houses to have any leadlight. These houses would have been closer what would have been swamp land adjacent to the Cooks River. Gladstone Hall and its outbuildings are clearly shown on the subdivision plans. There is only one example of leadlight that can be seen from the street.
Number 11 Federation house (c.1912) with leadlight in the front door panels only just visible in the shadow. It has a very early Art Nouveau look about it.