Main Period: Federation – Interwar - Current
Leadlight apparent at No’s 24, 32, 42 & 44
Pembroke was part of the original 1879 subdivision. It faces Ashfield Park which was also created after the lots were auctioned. The eastern end of the street has some interwar houses and flats on the north side and 1960’s & 70’s flats on the southern side. The western end has some lovely Federation homes that are well preserved.
No 24 is a Federation House and the leadlight around the front entrance is beautiful and is quite typical of the designs used in early Federation era houses.