Main Period: Victorian – Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 9, 20, 27, 33, 35, 37, 39, 41, 42, 44, 46, 50
The northern end has lots of flats/units on the eastern side but the southern end is largely intact. Houses in Tintern Road date from the 1890’s to the 1920’s and are generally built on large blocks. Lots of street trees enhance the feel of this street. (Part of the Tintern Road Conservation Area). There are quite a few Federation houses that are beautiful, almost eccentric.
No 9 is a large house with bold arches on the ground floor and a wide verandah. The whole house has ornate ‘Italianate’ plaster work. There is leadlight in the French doors that open to the first floor verandah but it is difficult to see. There is a very striking front entrance with a semi-circular fanlight and two sidelights. The leadlight design emphasises the circular feel and is repeated in the sidelights on either side of the two sets of French doors on either side of the entrance.