top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Victorian
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 25 & 27.
South Street was originally shown ad Gordon Street in the subdivision plans for Compagnoni’s Garden(c.1884) and Pfoeffer’s Garden in (c.1885) Some time around 1890 the name wasc hanged to South Street and this can just be seen in the sketch plan.
South Street is shown as Gordon Street in these two subdivision plans from 1884 and 1985.
A sketch plan of the subdivision of South Street circa 1891. mentions the name change.
No 1 is an early Federation semi-detached house (c.1902) with leadlight in the fanlight above the front door. The design is similar to that at No 3.
bottom of page