top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at
Hillcot Street came into existence with the Hillcot Estate Subdivision at Ashfield South in 1912. It is a short street with a Federation feel and a few of the houses have retained their original leadlight.
No 2 is a Federation house (c.1913) that has leadlight in a three panel casement window on the left with leadlight in the fanlights and in a five panel casement square bay window on the right. There is also leadlight in the sidelight & top and in the fanlight around the front door. The three panel casement window on the left has suffered some damage and only the lower part of each casement remains. There is some damage to the leadlight in the bay window that would be well worth repairing.
bottom of page