A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 3, 5 & 8
Mortley Avenue was part of the land owned by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Company and the Auction map of the 2nd Dobroyd Point Estate indicates that the lots available had all been sold prior to 1912.
This page is under construction.
No 1 is possibly a late Interwar Bungalow that has quite a lot of leadlight. There is a two panel double hung window on the left. Two single panel double hung windows on the left. Two single panel double hung windows front centre, a two panel double hung window on the verandah and another near it facing west. All these windows have the same almost extravagant if not flamboyant design. The leadlight is in the bottom half of the double hung windows. It has a lovely pale blue border, straight red ribbons linked to a bow and a pastel pink element in the corners.