DULWICH HILL

Herbert Street

Main Period: Federation - 

Leadlight apparent at No’s 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 37 & 44

Development in Herbert Street began in the Victorian years of 1884 with the subdivision of what was called ‘Wardell Hill’ Marrickville. There are still quite a large number of houses from the 1880’s together with many early Federation houses that are beautifully intact. No 17 is a fabulous Victorian mansion that has been beautifully restored. It is a good street to view leadlight from the Victorian and early Federation years.

Herbert Street

No 10 is a Federation house (c.1910) with leadlight in the front double doors and triple fanlights. The design looks very impressive.  There is leadlight in a three panel casement window with arched fanlights that has a beautiful and colourful flowing floral design. There is also leadlight in a two panel casement window on the western side of the house.

© 2019 Colin Webb