Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 17, 20, 22, 26 & 27
Shepherd Street was subdivided as the Fernbank Estate in 1885 and then again possibly in 1893. Most of the houses on the northern side of the street are from the Federation period while many on the southern side are Interwar.
No 6 is an Interwar house that has quite a collection of leadlight that has a radiant design with bevelled square and turquoise blue opaque glass. On the north side of the house there is a two panel double hung window and two small windows. There is a three panel angled bay window and another small window in the southern side and all have the radiant pattern. The front entrance to the verandah is particularly beautiful. The same radiant pattern is used but the glass is textured in the door panels and in the sidelights.