A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 8, 11, 15 & 33.
Wilga Avenue (like Kays Avenue West Street and Chalice Avenue) is in a parcel of land that appears as though it should be in the suburb of Marrickville. The street is a relatively wide street and most of the houses appear to have been built around 1900 or the first decade after Federation. While many of the dwellings have been altered there are some that are remarkably well preserved and so is their Federation era leadlight. It would appear that many of the houses in Wilga Street were built by the same builder. A lot of the leadlight that remains uses the same design. This is interesting because leadlight panels were often used to differentiate houses; to make them individual.
(Subdivision Plans have not been located)
No 1 is a Federation house (c.1910) with leadlight in the front door panels and fanlight. The leadlight in the fanlight appears to be original.