Main Period: Victorian- Federation- Interwar - Current
Leadlight apparent at Nos 61, 111, 112, 116, 120, 123 & 125
The earliest subdivisions of Milton Street appear to have been in 1881 from the Peckham Estate and in 1884 from the Milton & Woodland’s Estates. Later subdivisions occurred in 1920 near Trevenar Street. Some of the smaller cottages at the Liverpool Road end of Milton Street are definitely from this period but most of the leadlight is in the later houses at the southern end of Milton Street and while there is little left it is very Federation in appearance.
No 52 is a Federation house (c.1912) with leadlight in the front door sidelight & top and in the Fanlight as well as in a beautiful bull's eye. This is beautiful Art Nouveau leadlight depicting flowers and leaves. The bull's eye is delicate.
Photographs taken at night courtesy of Clare Herscovitch.