Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 4, 7, 10, 13 & 23
What is now Dougan Street was called Milton Street South when it was originally subdivided in 1886. It has a mixture of dwellings constructed from the Victorian times to the Federation period. A lot of the homes have been renovated, demolished and rebuilt but some of the Federation Period homes that remain still have intact leadlight.
The four panel casement bay window at No 4 has lovely beveled glass clusters while the verandah end enclosure at No 13 is a beautiful representation of what was being done around 1900.
No 4 is an Interwar Bungalow with a four panel casement bay window. Each of the panels has a cluster of four small squares of bevelled glass surrounded by concentric circles. There is a border of textured glass and geometric shapes above the bottom border. The design is appealing and understated.